I got my package, so I can only assume that the one emailed to you was correct. I won't worry too much if that one number is wrong, they'll get it to me... eventually.

This week has been so hectic, GGAAAHHHH!!! I just had to get that out of my system. Spiritually draining. It's like having the spirit suck the life out of you by the end of the day. My companion and I have had some amazing experiences, and I don't know if I have enough time to explain them all to you, but they got us learning a lot.

I can't forget to tell you! We totally had an Office day in our district. One of our Hermana's wasn't feeling well, but she absolutely refused to leave class, she didn't want to miss a single moment! Our teacher knew that she was absolutely determined to stay, so he said stay a half an hour and then go home and rest. Well, she puked twice, and I was expecting there to be a puking chain reaction! I was picturing Andy and thinking, "Oy vey, here it goes!" But I guess all of us have stronger stomachs than I thought. Our sweet district leader, Elder Cranford gave her a blessing, his very first! We were all so proud of him when he was done! Every week brings along new challenges. I still get along with my companion though! If there's even a twinge of anything negative towards her I tell myself, "We are companions for a reason! God didn't put us together willy nilly!" And I've learned a lot about myself through her. In many ways we are like the same person (We both have short straight hair and wearing short sleeve black cardigans today... weird!!!), and in other ways we're not. For some companionships that would be somewhat of a bad thing, but we both realize that it's a good thing, and to take advantage of it.

Me gusta mucho mi districto! Although sometimes the Elders revert to their 19-year old selves, and we get way distracted by menial things throughout the day, I couldn't imagine the mission experience with out them. My zone is also pretty sweet too.

Every thursday we have TRC, which is basically practising teaching in real-life situations. We were all so nervous because our first TRC was cancelled because of Thanksgiving so we never got any practice. On Wed. night we were pracitsing teaching on each other, but since that was the night that the one Hermana got sick, we ended up teaching our teacher, the big football player (Brock Richardson, who played for BYU-- does that sound familiar daddy?). We were sooooo nervous, and we decided to let him go first, which was a super bad idea. He did so well, and afterwards Hermana Jones and I just sat there and stared at each other saying "What in the world did we let him go first for?!?" We totally had terrible feelings of inadequacy, and we had to say like two prayers to get us feeling even remotely ready. We don't really know what happended, but in the scriptures it says that the Lord works through humble servants, and boy were we humbled. It was amazing. The spirit was so strong as we taught our "investigator", Hermana Jones gave amazing testimony of Joseph Smith and the restoration, and I cried (which is more commonplace that I was ever led to believe) as I shared my testimony that the Lord does care about his children, and cares about the prayers of each and every one who choses to come to him. By the end we were all a little teary eyed, and Hmo.Richardson made us promise to write the experience in our journals.

I don't have enough time to write about our other experience, the one that happened last night, but it was even more humbling. We went to TE, Teaching Evaluations, where you teach and you get feedback from an observing teacher. He stopped us halfway through our lesson and asked us, "Do you know why you're here? Do you know why he invited you to his house? Does he know that you're representatives of Jesus Christ?" He kept asking questions like that. He turned to me and asked "Why did you decide to go on a mission Sis.Georgeson?"

"Because the Lord wanted me to."

"What does that even mean Sis.Georgeson?"

I felt totally gobsmacked. I had no idea! I had thought about that question before, but now I had to put it into application! I wish I could finish the rest here, but I got only 3 min left. All I can say was that Hma.Jones totally blew me away and left me speachless, and by the end of the TE we ran to the bathroom because we were both bawling our eyes out. In a good way though. We needed to be taught.

...I can only write on P-days, so I'll try to write a letter to explain more happenings. Tell everyone I love them, and to send me letters! I love letters!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What are you supposed to do?

Dating.... stinks