Solo Sister

Yes! I've been delayed! For right now it's been an extra four days and they still don't know when I'll get my visa.

Everyone in my district left, so now I'm officially declared a solo sister, moved into another district in my zone, and in with three portuguese speaking sisters. I've been hearing the song "lonely, I'm still lonely, ain't got nobody to call my OOOWWWNNN!!!" a lot. Hmmm.

But it's not so bad. My attitude has changed around a lot since I last emailed you. That day just stunk hardcore. That was the day I found out about my delay. When they called me into the travel office that night I knew it was coming, why else would they really want me? When I officially heard the news I was like "Oh man, I'm going to bust out crying!" But I was okay. I actually laughing about it. Okay, maybe it was more the laugh of an exhausted person after a ridiculous day, but still, it's better than crying. I gave up on trying to control it all. And honestly, although it's still stressful, I know I'm okay.

The rest of my district going to Argentina left on Monday, the last two sisters going stateside left Wednesday morning, so I've been solo for two and a half days now. Or maybe two days. Whatever. Solo means that I don't have a companion in my district, or in other words my class, so I have to have two elders from my class be with me at all times. If there's an activity where it's just not that appropriate to be with elders, like laundry, the temple, etc., then I have a sister who is my "companion," a sister who is in another district and everything, but has the same schedule as me. My "companion" is Sister Hanson, who is ridiculously pretty, but very cool. She is awesome. She's a visa waiter too, but for Brazil. The brazilian missionaries are having a hard time getting their visas because Brazil is changing their visa acquiring system, so hardly any of them are leaving because the process is going so slow. So we're all in the same boat. Except for me it's only been four days, and for them it's more like four weeks.

I'm with the district that is now officially the oldest. Which is funny because they're all Micah's age. They're all so goofy, like 19 year old boys without a girl around for the past 7 weeks, but they're all so sweet. We always knew that they knew how to treat a sister right, but now I have proof! They remind me a lot of Adam, Micah, and Barrett, and it makes me wish they would all just come here right now and serve missions. Just because it's such an experience. If you love someone, you want them to come.

OOOOOOHHHHH!!!! I totally forgot! Wednesday, a few hours after our hermanas left, President Uchtdorf came to the gym and waved to everyone! It was so intense!!!! Okay, I never actually saw him, I was on the track upstairs running so I couldn't see him while he was there, but a few elders in my new district FREAKED OUT later. It was adorable. Although I didn't get to see him, you knew something amazing was happening, because all of the sudden the gym got super quiet and everybody stopped what they were doing and just staring in his general direction. Although I didn't get to see Pres.Uchtdorf, I did get to see the dumb founded missionaries staring in his general direction.

I only have about two minutes, but I just want to say to Bethalicious, I love you, and I hope you honestly know that. Sometimes I wish you could be here, because it's so amazing, and we are reminded that the gospel is one of healing all the time, and I know it's true. I love you bubby.

40 seconds! Just enough time to say I super love you all, and keep on truckin'! Even if you don't have a truck! Or keep on Car-ing!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What are you supposed to do?

Dating.... stinks

Week dos at the MTC‏