I'M BEING TRANSFERRED...... AGAIN!

You want to hear some exciting news?

I'M BEING TRANSFERRED...... AGAIN!

I was only here in Bariloche for one transfer (6 weeks), and now I've already got to go! When the elders called us they didn't say anything at first (maybe to get back at us for a trick we played on them the other day... our bad.), and then when they finally told us I thought it was a joke. For like 5 minutes I was like "Elder, stop kidding. It's not that funny anymore." He said "I'm not joking Hermana, you really are going."

AHHHHHH!!!!

The reason it's a bummer is that Hna. Smith and I have worked really hard to get this area up and running. We've worked really hard and have found 5 people willing to follow Christ and be baptized- 5 solid baptisms. And now I have to leave them all behind! Me mata! (It kills me!)

Hna. Smith is training this transfer. That is why I am leaving. She was told she was going to train and she's been waiting for the opportunity for a while. I just didn't think I'd get kicked out after one transfer!

I am going south. It's the farthest south that the Hna's go here. Se llama Caleta Olivia. It's a petroleo town, or like a place where they pump oil. They've got those giant oil pumping machines everywhere. I've been told it's even MORE cold and there's wind just like Zapala there. Yippee skippee! The comfort is that there's no snow because it's along the ocean. My new companion is a Latin. Hna. Aquino, and Argentine! I get an Argentine companion! I think this experience will go so much better than the last time I was with a Latin. Hna. Smith says that she's really nice, loves to laugh, and is kind of quiet, so I think we'll get along really well. Even though it's really hard to leave this area in Bariloche, I'm looking forward more to working and seeing the same miracles that we saw here. I want success, and if I work hard, success is what I'm going to get.

When the members found out I was leaving, I really realized that the members liked me more than I thought. I thought I was just some missionary in their ward, that I didn't really matter to them, but I really underestimated them. they are so loving- they LOVE their missionaries. They take care of them so well. They've seen how the missionary work has grown since we really started working here, and it was just really sweet, I'm not going to lie. Humbling too. Really made me take a step back and think about the calling I have.

My comp and I were really excited to have our birthdays here in the same transfer, but alas, we're not! She had been telling members that my birthday was coming up, and there was one Hermana in the ward that wanted to cook us dinner on my birthday. When she found out that I wasn't going to be there, she invited us over last night to eat dinner with her and her daughters. This is the same Hna. that gave be new boots and socks after she found out that my feet were soaked. Oh, wait, I didn't tell you that story!

It snrained here for about two days-ish and my boots were done for. I had tried gluing the sole back to the boot like three times, but the sole was coming off again, and then the zipper on the boot finally broke apart. I had to walk around with safety pins to keep them shut. One night we went by her house because I really needed to go to the bathroom. She asked us how we were doing with the snow and rain, and we said that yeah, my feet were kind of wet. Next thing I know she comes in, gives me a pair of boots (that I was totally NOT expecting) and when she saw how wet my feet and socks were gave be a fresh pair of fuzzy socks that kept my feet nice and dry. I was so grateful. She did me the service. It was hard to accept, but something said "she needs to do the service for you." So right now I have some really good boots and a sweet sweet friend here.

So we went to her house last night to find an asado (an Argentine bbq)! Que rico! It was so nice of her. She really is a special lady. And then next thing I know afterwards she comes out with a cake and a candle and starts singing happy birthday to me! It was so sweet. Although I'm going to be spending my birthday in a brand new area I really did feel like it's okay, she made it special enough. I can't get over how wonderful she is. I really am grateful. Even something silly like celebrating my b-day with me just really made so much more the difference. And keeping me feet safe, dry, and warm. The Flia Ponce really are special. I love the Hna. Ponce!

So that's some sweet stuff going on. We are really happy for the progress of our investigators here in Bariloche. Karen has been coming to church willingly (and even yesterday early!), Rafael and his niece Mikaela (our new baptismal candidate) have been reading the book of Mormon all by themselves, Ricardo stayed for all three hours of church, and Daiana, another bap. candidate, totally came and seemed to enjoy it. Even her inactive older sister came with her. I'm really happy for all of them and the progress their going to make. Very happy.

Thank you so much for your prayers and letters and stories!

Thank you so much mamma for writing me, I just feel very happy to hear from you all.

Tell Barrett THANK YOU! I can't write to him today, but tell him to try the online class. I think he can do it. Learn some diligence and push himself. I know he can do it.

Tell daddy thank you for the email and I love him!

Tell Adam and Micah I totally 100% love them too.

xoxo, Hna. Georgeson

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What are you supposed to do?

Dating.... stinks

May 30: I got my super trunky papers today.