Just thinking...


For those of you who are reading this and don't know, I got my mission call (which, awesomely, was sent on my birthday) to the Argentina Neuquen mission, which I was told is the biggest mission in Argentina, and maybe even the southern most. I still have to check that one. Anyway, Just to get some things out of the way, Am I excited? Yes.... I dunno, I find that a stupid question asked often. Why wouldn't I be excited? I'm not outwardly excited, I'm not constantly jumping up and down going "Oh my gosh, Argentina!!!" I mean, I'm excited, just not in a hyper way. I'm... happy. I think being happy is good enough, I don't have to be crazy-off-the-wall-ecstatic to be excited. And to clarify for everyone, I don't view this as a travel opportunity. I think if I was sent state side I would be just as happy knowing that the Lord chose the place for me. Actually, after dealing with the visa, I wouldn't mind stateside... Do I know Spanish? Heck no. I took Spanish in 6th grade and failed miserably; I only remember how to count to 39, say "Hola como estas?" and several foods you'd find at Taco Bell. How do I feel about the entire thing? There are times where I'm stressed (stupid visa stuff), scared (SPANISH!!! AAAHHH!!!), and unprepared, but all of this work is directed by the Lord, so I'm going to assume I'll be okay. Yes, there will be snow in my mission. Yes, there will be mountains. Yes, I've been told that people are going to want to kill me. But when it comes to those things, I'm going to trust in the Lord, because, ya know what? It really will all be okay. I've learned that lesson several times, and it might not work out the way I planned on, but the Lord knows what's best for me. I think I'll run with him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What are you supposed to do?

Dating.... stinks