Week dos at the MTC‏

So I hope this will get to you this time. Ahhh, my second week at the MTC! Woot woot! It's been an interesting week. I don't remember when I've cried this much. Oh my goodness, my companion has been so compassionate towards me and my constant tearyness. I really wish the adversary would just leave us amazing missionaries alone! Sometimes it's hard to fall asleep at night, I'm still trying to figure that out. I've been having crazy dreams and waking up in the night, so I'm hoping that I'll soon fall out of that. Although I cry, I'm okay. I remember why I'm here and that if I do what's right, I can call upon my Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ for help and strength in time of need. We had one elder in our district go home so it's now uneven, four elders and five hermanas. It's sad, but it's a good thing that he recognizes that he needs to take care of some things. As he was leaving he looked at us and said "I'll be back" and we all hope so. It's part of our district goals to write letters of encouragement to him. He has made it so far, and we want him to go even farther.

Our teachers are so inspiring and amazing. Our one teacher, the hunking Hermano Richardson, is so in tune with the spirit, he knows exactly what we need when we need it. He is so inspiring, constantly telling us never to live a moment in your mission that you might regret. I want to work so hard to make sure that's not me. It's this incredible force that pushes me to do better. I don't want to waste my time or the Lord's.

On Tuesday we had Elder Oaks come and speak to us and he did a very good job. It was neat-o! My first sighting of an Apostle. My allergies have been acting up lately, so yesterday, Thanksgiving, it was either be a miserable snot head, or it was be a clear sinused, drugged up missionary. I thought that maybe taking medicine would've been a good idea, but when we went to the thanksgiving devotional Elder Holland was there, and I kept on falling alseep! I felt so bad, espcially since I was in about the sixth row and there was a clear field of vision between me and him. I hope the spirit whispered "It's just her meds, don't get mad, she's rather lovely!" You can tell where I started falling into my med induced coma, my handwriting was really nice then all of the sudden turned into crazy chicken scratch. I would fall asleep in the middle of words! I'm way sad. But my favorite part (uh, that I was awake for) was at the very end when he was giving his testimony and he said "I'm not devoting my life to a fairy tale!" Oh yes. I loved it!

I'm totally in love with my district, they are all so amazing! We really are a unique bunch. We are so lucky to have such mature and focused elders! Though some of the teachers say it's because of the Hermanas that they are so awesome! They stand when we come to sit to eat, they take our trays at every meal (they really won't let us take our own trays), and they hold open doors. I never thought I would like that, but I'm totally going to hold guys to a higher standard when I get back (Micah and Barrett, clear my spot at the table! That's what I'll say and then you'll beat me up and have me take care of it myself :) )

We got to go to the temple today and it was so nice. It was me, my companera, y the elders. Oh, I love my district!!! I think we were really all supposed to be here together. I can't imagine my mission experience without them!

Espanol is going... uh, well it's going. The pace of a scooter (not a vespa, a little kid scooter), but it's better than a snail, right? I can say a prayer, bear my testimony, and get to know people. I still need practice, but that's why I'm here, right?

Dearest BYUIers, I love and miss you! It's a grand adventure and I'm so excited! Y Muchas gracias Jenn!Yo se que JesuCristo vive y que El ama nosotros! La Iglesia de JesuCristo De Los Santos De Los Ultimas Dias es la iglesia verdadero!En el nombre de JesuCristo, amen.That was pretty sweet, huh?

con amor, Hermana Georgeson

P.S. My pdays are on Fridays, I'll write back then!

Comments

  1. Emily, I'm so proud of you. I don't know if you see responses now or when you get back, but I want you to know that knowing you're on your mission is one of the most inspiring things. I want to make you proud Bubby :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily gets 30 minutes on the internet each Friday to write home. So she can't check the blog. But rest assure, she'll get any comments you leave.

    Emily's Mom

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What are you supposed to do?

Dating.... stinks