Winngappo from the MTC!


Hola! I'm still alive! Now how exciting is that? Today is my first P-day, kinda. We still had class, for which we have to dress up, and then when we go back to dinner we gotta dress up again. Boo! Right? But I love it here. I've heard stories about people not liking the MTC, but I dig it.

So far along my magical mission journey we have our district which is the most interesting probably of the entire MTC. We have five elders: Elder Cranford, our DL, Elder Erickson, Elder Johnson, Elder Smoot, Elder... um, his name escapes me now. Probably as soon as this computer kicks me off I'll remember. Anyway, then we have our five Hermanas: ME! Hermana Georgeson, Hermana Jones, my companera, Hermana Harris, Hermana Lyons, and Hermana Squires. We have a great district with a great spirit. Our elders are a hoot and our Hermanas are wonderful. In the rest of the MTC most districts are lucky to even get two sisters, but we have five! It's hilarious to hear our branch president and our teachers constantly tell them to love their Hermanas and be grateful for them. The other day at dinner they totally stood up and sat down whenever one of the Hermanas did! It was so cute :)

We have our teacher, Hermano Richardson who is a HUGE man. Not as in fat, but he's very tall and muscular with this deep voice, it's amazing! He's always concentrated on the spirit of the class and tends to go over or not get everything done because he always wants insights. And Hermano Burkholz is tall and skinny and gets down to the info and is very concentrated on getting everything done. They are such a great contrast; a great companionship to work off each other's strengths and weaknesses. They both have been back for a couple years and go to BYU, so it's funny that I hung out with guys that old, and here they are trying to teach me as a superior! But the teachers here bring wonderful insight, realistic insight.

I get along really well with my companera, she is so funny! She was also an avid Office watcher, so props Hermana Jones! We all get along so well and I'm so grateful. The first sister that helped me in the MTC said that your MTC experience could either be really bad or really good based off your district, and to be honest I got really lucky.

To be totally honest it's been really hectic these first few days, considering that we don't really know what we're doing and haven't begun our normal schedule. We are yearning for next week when we can get everything down. We've started a little Spanish and it's making sense so far, and for that I blame the Lord. No way in heck could I ever do it by myself. I remember Lo siento, which means I'm sorry, and listo? which is Ready? And I'm still trying to learn how to pray in Spanish. We've totally got an assignment from our branch president to write a short talk for Sunday, because what they do is the pick some missionaries to share their talks, THAT DAY!!! AHHHH!!! I'm totally making sure mine is really short. Like, really REALLY short.

Meals here are good, but I'm getting my headaches back. Last night was awful because I totally ate the wrong foods, so no more bananas or oranges or cheesy casseroles, just sticking with all the other good things... like salad. wooo. Can't you just sense my excitement.

I love the elders here because they're all so considerate of the sisters. They always yell "HELLO SISTERS!" in the hallway, open doors for us, and constantly take our trays. They won't even let us carry our trays! Sometimes I try to sneak away with my tray so I can still feel like a big girl. Anyway, AH! 8 minutes and 34 seconds! Gotta make this fast! So one thing is that there's a guy in my Zone who totally reminds me of Adam. He's freaking hilarious. I end up sitting by him at lunch sometimes and he always makes me laugh so hard (which I gotta improve on... quiet dignity!). But weird thing is he just graduated earlier this year! Insane! That's like Micah!

Oh, and Mamma, don't forget to post this part on my blog... SISTERS HERE DO NOT LOOK FRUMPY. An Hermana teacher here said that they're supposed to be updating those pics in their pamphet, because you do NOT have to dress up like you're in the nineties. She told us the Bretheren do NOT want us dressing frumpy. She used the words "business professional" and said that the Message and the appearance should be consistant. Needless to say, I might be doing a wee bit of shopping when I get to my mission. A very wee bit.

Ahhh! The lights are flashing at me! That means I need to get off soon! ... The Spirit here is amazing and I'm so glad I'm here! The Church is true and brings eternal happiness! Our Heavenly Father loves us! And I love you!Adios! Ciao Ciao!

con amor, Hermana Georgeson

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What are you supposed to do?

Dating.... stinks

May 30: I got my super trunky papers today.