Hi everybody, just finished week 5... woot woot! Or is it week four... I don't know! Everyday blends together here! We never have any idea what day it is anymore.

So much has happened this past week, it's been a trip. On Tuesday Elder Anderson came and spoke at our devotional. It was such a good talk on the condensension of God. Read 1 Nephi 11. One of my favorites. End of story.

Last night we got out of class early to go to the fireside where we had a program by our MTC presidency, and this morning we had our Morningside with Elder Perry. I practically shoved my way into the gym so my companion and I could get good seats. We waited in line for forever! We also sang the 12 days of Christmas at the MTC which was hilarious!

On the first day of Christmas the MTC gave me:
A rock solid testimony
2 haircuts free
3 new companions
4 chocolate milks
5 hours of gym
6 :30 wake up (Pero I get up at 6)
7 lukewarm showers (it's the truth)
8 hours of rest
9 outbound calls (ever wonder about the phone numbers on the back of the pass along cards? If you've called I might've talked to you!)
10 more commandments
11 loads of laundry
12 hours of class

And that is basically our lives here at the MTC. Granted I haven't had a haircut yet, have three companions, or even drunk the chocolate milk, the experience here is one of a kind.

Speaking of kind, the elder that was on this computer before me got off early and let me get on to type this. It was muy lindo.

First I must talk about my two favorite things this week: A) I've decided I'm going to name my favorite Elder of the week. This will be my new tradition from now on, because I meet so many people and say "You are my new favorite!" But now I shall announce it to the world! This week it's Elder Ta'Alla from Australia (He's Samoan). He has a wicked sweet accent, is totally friendly, and can beat box! I met him his last day here in the MTC because he looked at me and was like "Oh my gosh!! You're Taylor Swift! You look just like Taylor Swift!!!" And he kept freaking out and it was muy lindo. He kept on pointing me out to his district and talked to some of our elders saying "Did you know Taylor Swift was in your district?!?" He was hilarious. Gracias Elder Ta'Alla!

B) Sis. Reas is finally here at the MTC!! I love seeing her because she's so full of love that spills over into the most amazing hugs the world has ever known! I've known Sis. Lindsay Reas for forever, and It's a fresh breath of San Diego love everytime I see her! Snaps and Kudos for this AMAZING Sista! *snap snap snap*

C) I realize I haven't talked about Spanish much, but what can I say, Spanish is Spanish. I know I'm still not that freakishly amazing at it, but it's coming. This past week has been rough because I was getting so fed up with it! It was often confusing and I didn't want to practice using it EVER! I was being so stubborn and so angry at it! It was totally bogging me down the entire week, because I was so frusterated and angry at it I couldn't really have the Spirit with me. The night Elder Anderson came I was asking Heavenly Father to help me find something from Elder Anderson's talk for me so that I could get my groove back. And then Elder Anderson used the "knowest thou the condensencion of God?" scripture, which is one that usually hits home for me. It helped me to remember why I'm here, why in the world I am learning Spanish, and what my purpose is, which is not ME. Oh yes.

Not much else to say, except our teacher came back on Monday. He just got married this past weekend and we've had this amazing sub, but it's nice having our teacher back anyway. And from the 12 days of Christmas, we really do have about 12 hours in that classroom. We always have Spanish Cabin Fever!!! If only we were pirates. That would make this crazy fever worth it. And Cabin Fever always makes me think of Muppet Treasure Island. Note to self: Watch this when you get home. Oh yeah!!!

Pres. Uchtdorf's wife came to speak to us during Relief Society on Sunday. Her accent is so cute! It totally made me think of you Jenn! . . .

Gracias por todos las cartes! Thanks for the letters! . . .

I cannot think of anything else except keep sending me the love! If you want to know my address contact my mamma through my gmail which is emily.georgeson@gmail.com and keep sending the love! Feliz Navidad! Or Feliz Natal as those crazy Brazilians say!

Ciao Ciao!xoxo, Hma Georgeson

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What are you supposed to do?

Dating.... stinks