Hola from the land of missionaries!

This week has been... well, interesting. A lot of thinking, lack of sleep, and good experiences. I can't really remember last week really. I've been battling a cold with a gross sounding cough- The Zone leaders were always asking "Are you okay? Are you sure?" I was fine, I just sounded gross. I'm not really coughing anymore so that's good.

We had a "zone conference" which was pretty good. We went over what a "good" missionary is. Someone who doesn't care so much about numbers but moreso the people. We learned more Spanish (aagoijoeiuhggog!!!), and had some sweet devotionals and firesides. We had a mission conference (basically a devotional) on fast Sunday. I doodled a picture of a funny looking peach that went along with someone's talk on the fruits of our mission, and how to make sure the harvest at the end will taste so sweet. I'm hoping for more of a strawberry taste. One of the wives of the an MTC presidency member spoke about Mary and it was muy excellente! Elder Bruce R. McConkie said that
"Mary is one of the greatest women on the earth," and she did such a good job convincing us. She was saying that Mary, when confronted by the arch angel Gabriel still could've said "I dunno," or "No thanks, I like my girlish figure" or even "All the women will think I'm immoral when they see I'm unwed and pregnant," but Mary said yes. She still had her agency and she still chose God.

On Sunday we got to watch the Church Christmas music program, and I love how Elder Uchtdorf mention Saint Exuperry (I think that's how you spell it...) and Le Petit Prince, it made my frenchie heart happy :) I especially loved what President Monson said, "He gave us his love, his service, his life.... How silently this wondrous gift is given."

From one of our teachers we got a Braveheart quote that applies to missionary work, "If it's ever going to happen, the time is now!" Our teacher loves the phrase he got from one of his trainers "Chose to be a Gladiator, not a civilian." That's exactly the kind of person he is.

Some more quotes from this week, "We have no way to access the Atonement without the restoration." -Elder Holland

"How sad is it that the full keyboard is here on the earth, and other churches choose to tap the monotony of a single key and deny the harmony of religious joy?" -Boyd K. Packer

"It's not just another religious view, it's a declaration from God himself." -Elder Perry

"Serve in a way that those who don't know Him, that know you, want to know Him, because they know you." -A wonderful Uruguan man's pearl of great price

We also had Claudio R.M. Costa speak this past week, and let me tell you, he's probably my most favorite General Authority, besides the first presidency. I love listening to him speak. He always has a twinkle in his eye and a smile on his face. I always want to go up to him, hug him, and ask him to be my grandpa.

The other day in class our teacher once again stressed to us the importance of writing down thoughts and feelings during lessons and talks because they probably are mini revelations from the Holy Ghost. He says that much of the time we usually just bruch off these feelings as being warm fuzzies and don't explore them further. That night we were to watch Elder Holland's infamous "Don't you dare go home" MTC devotional, and I thought I'd try what our teacher suggested. I'm so glad I did, I don't think I'll ever not write down thoughts and feelings again! I totally felt the Spirit and found answers to questions I've been having. I only have 7 more minutes and I want to share as much of this as I can with you!

"I suppose there has been no young man to be so affected by his mission than I was."

"My mission meant everything to me! Everything!!"

"Do not live with the regret of what might have been."

"Enhance every hour you're given."A mission is a miracle! Don't go home with the regret because it had been otherwise.

There is a purpose and I ask you not to resisit it.

This is the most importand thing in this world: Participating in the salvation of the human soul!

Do not fight it!

When you have to work, work! When you have to study, study! When you have to pray, pray!

Don't you dare leave here FOR YOUR SAKE.... "I would take the cords from your cameras and tie you here.... You'll ruin your life (if you go home).

"Salvation is not a cheap experience! It was never meant to be easy! It never was! It's not supposed to be easy! You can't do it that way! It was not cheap, easy, convienient for the Savior, how Dare we ask to not have to drink any of that cup!

But he lives and loves . . .

xoxox, Hermana Georgeson

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What are you supposed to do?

Dating.... stinks

Week dos at the MTC‏