Adivina que??

No se si yo escribe esta frase correctamente, pero, guess what!!! I found out how to say poop this week. That's probably the highlight of my week. Not really. But it's up there. It's popa.

Anyway, in all seriousness it's been a good week. Plenty of new learning experiences of course. One of my favorite things was Mission Conference this past Domingo (Sunday). A lot of it was about rendering service, my purpose as a missionary, and about missed opportunities. I loved that last one because that's my greatest fear as a missionary, is that I might miss so many opportunities. I don't want to come home regretting. I don't want to be like Samson who was supposed to be one of the great ones and ended up being a sad failure, and I don't want to be like Jonah who did the work begrudgingly and ended up so depressed in his life. DON'T BE LIKE THEM!!!
And also all those who talked about our purpose from pg.1 of Preach My Gospel, one said to translate it for yourself and see if you're bringing yourself unto Christ. That's the measure of success not only in being a good missionary, but living a full, happy life.

In a large group meeting we had the instructor talked about miracles, because heaven knows that missionary work doesn't go forward with out them. It takes an absolute God given miracle to convert someone and change their heart. The reason miracles happen is by obedience to the laws upon which they are predicated. I don't even know what that means, but what I gather is that God blesses us with miracles through our obedience. If we are obedient we receive the blessings Heavenly Father has been waiting to give us, and if we are exactly obedient (as missionaries and so on should be) Heaven pours her treasures on all her children. Not meaning that heaven is a female. You get the picture.

If you have time read and ponder the scriptures in Alma 22-24. Read and think about how in the world they could even apply to you. I'm so impressed by the Lamanite's willingness to follow the Savior and their testimonies of the Atonement. They have truly been inspiring, and even more meaningful as I go to the temple and think about Christ. Pres. McKay said, "The Lord works from the inside out. The world works from the outside in. The world would take people out of the slums. Christ takes the slums out of the people, and then they take themselves out of the slums. The world would mold men by changing their environment. Christ changes men, who then change their environment. The world would shape human behavior, but Christ can change human nature."

How true that is for the Anti-Nephi-Lehi's! they are some of my new scriptural heroes; a powerful people of God. Also read Isaiah 1:18. It gets me even more now that I understand about he Anti-Nephi-Lehi's.

One last thing I want to leave you all with. One of our sisters had us listen to her favorite song called How Deep The Father's Love For Us by Phillips, Craig, and Dean and I want you to listen to it and read these lyrics:

How deep the Father's love for us
How vast beyond all measure
That He should give His only Son
And make a wretch his treaure
How great the pain of searing loss
The Father turns his face away
As wounds which mar the Chosen one
Bring many sons to glory
Behold the man upon the cross
My sin upon His shoulder
Ashamed, I hear my mocking voice
Call out among the scoffers
It was my sin that held Him there
Until it was accomplished
His dying breath has brought me life
I know that it is finsihed
I will not boast un anything
No gift no power no wisdom
But I vill boast in Jesus Christ
His death and ressurection
Why should I gain from his reward?
I cannot give an answer
But this I know with all my heart,
His wounds have paid my ransom.

Rather magnificent, no?

Anyway, thanks for letting me rant and ramble. But then again, this is my email. I hope you are all doing well, and please write! I'm still waiting for Erin's wedding announcement (tee hee hee!) Dearest Beth, TE AMO MUCHO! and wait by your mailbox.
Aggghhh! Only a minute left! I dunno what to say, but I love you!!!

xoxo,
Hna.Georgeson

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What are you supposed to do?

Dating.... stinks