I only have 25 minutes today! Entonces, I must make this quick! It's been such a crazy week! We've been doing so much stuff that is so mind boggling that two days out of this week our planning was pretty much shot, which is muy malo. My companera, Hna. Jones, was called as coordinating sister of our zone, so she has tons of meetings to go to, which also means that I have to tag along with the other sisters in our district. It can be slightly frustrating, making them have to babysit me, but I cannot keep my companion from her calling!

So starting Christmas night, after the last time I wrote, Gregg Olsen, the LDS painter came and spake at our Christmas Fireside. It was so awesome, because he's probably my favorite LDS painter, and his painting "Be Not Afraid" is my second favorite, only to Del Parson's painting of Christ. They're both on the cover of my new study journal! Yes! You heard me right! I filled up my last study journal already and had to buy a new one! I'm so excited to fill it up and all that wonderful jazz. Anyway, Gregg Olsen! One of my favorite things that he said was "You can't paint the Savior without spending some time thinking about Him!" And in his address to us he mentioned "Knowest thou the condecension of God?", one of my most favorite scriptures (1 Nep. 15... something. Don't quote me on that. Look it up on LDS.org).

On Sunday Barbara S. Thompson, one of the counsilors in the Relief Society presidency came and spoke to us during Relief Society (Ironic ain't it?), and then afterward, we could all go meet her! So we totally did. She's so sweet! During her talk/lesson thing she said that while she was serving in Germany she was having a hard time trying to get to people. She said she thought "I'm here to do thy work, why won't people walk in my path?... I didn't think Heavenly Father was being fair with me." But she came to realize MISSIONARY WORK IS HARD WORK! It takes time and effort. And if we ever get the thought "The Lord isn't being fair with me", then there isn't something wrong with those you serve, it's YOU! Oh, and read Philippians 4:13. Por favor. Oh, and D&C 123. I'm pretty sure some of those last verses are the themes of my mission.

This week on Wednesday our district got to host new missionaries coming in! So that means we helped them check in, get their stuff, find their classroom. It was snowing like mad that day, but it was so much fun! I got to host three sisters, three wonderful sisters! My first Sister was going to Montreal, Canada, my second to the Baltic States mission (she reminded me of Sis. Daugherty, she made my day!), and my third to El Salvador. We were all sad when it was all over because it was awesome, but our lovely Hma. Squires prayed that we could do it again, and we're doing it again this next Wednesday! Only Hma. Squires could get that prayer answered. Estamos muy feliz y tenemos mucho animo!

One more thing. Read in the Book of Mormon everyday. If you want a change in your life, then you must read The Book of Mormon everyday. If you want to find happiness, then read The Book of Mormon everyday. If you want to quit bad habits, read The Book of Mormon everyday. If you feel lost and all alone, then read the Book of Mormon everyday. Hold on, are you getting what I'm saying? Are you catching it? Let me try one more time... READ THE BOOK OF MORMON EVERDAY!!! Wait- I think I forgot something... EVERYDAY!!! The Book of Mormon changes lives! Why deny yourself the converting power of the word of God? EVERYDAY. I mean it. I challenge you to read it everyday for AT LEAST a month, and I promise you it can change you... if you ACTUALLY read it.

Only a couple minutes left...Mamma, please tell Sis. Salveson, Bishop, Sis.Welch, Sis.Barnes, and the Brims thank you for their christmas cards! It meant so much. And please write on my blog thank you to Steff Gilbert, Michael Arnold, Kaiti, Beth, and Mandy for their letters! They brought sunshine to my soul.

Mucho amor! Hna. Georgeoson

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What are you supposed to do?

Dating.... stinks

Week dos at the MTC‏