Just like San Diego!!!‏

Surprising or not, I really didn't feel the earthquake. I know many places in Argentina felt it, but alas, I was not one of the lucky ones. I'm kind of on the other side of the country if you haven't noticed :) There are elders here who are from parts of Chile, so we're hoping their families are okay.

This week has been okay. Frusterating at times. Very hot. I'm still sick, I'm pretty sure it developed into a sinus infection, so right now I'm taking amoxacillin, a nasal spray that's a lot like flonase, and am going through tissues like crazy! I can't taste any of the Argentine food (sad day), don't smell much of anything, and can't hear anything either. It's been a lot better since I started the medicine, but from time to time it gets icky.

On the missionary front, things are okay. My companion had an investigator with a baptismal date, Luis. All he had left was to be interviewed and attend one more Sunday in order to be baptized on the 6th. The night before his interview we taught him the last thing he needed, went through the baptismal interview questions with him, did everything. He said he felt good and prepared for the interview. He had totally changed his life around. He said that to him the gospel meant change, and when he said that we were like "yeah yeah!" The next day when we went to go meet him at the chapel for his interview he didn't show up the entire night. We tried calling and calling, but his phone wouldn't get reception. He didn't show up to church the next day, and he still won't answer his phone. We've gone by his house and it looks like he hasn't been there at all. His neighbors say that he left for work Saturday morning and they haven't seen him since. It's so weird because according to Hna. LeGrow, the entire time she's been teaching him (for the past two months) he's never done anything like this. It's totally not like him, and it's weird that his neighbors haven't seen him. We keep hoping he's okay.

Besides that we have another investigator who's progressing. Hno. Andés Roberto. He's a wee bit awkward, but he's still a really sweet guy. We just challenged him to pray to know if baptism is right for him (and we're all hoping he's really listening to the spirit so he gets the real answer). He came to church yesterday, which was a pleasant surprise. We have a surprisingly good feeling about him.

Besides that all is okay. Yes, we're in the city part of the city right on the beach so we meet a lot of tourists. Sometimes it's difficult because they hear that we're from the Church of Jesus Christ and they think that we're just some other religion or other church and they're like "Thanks, but I have my evangelical church" or "I'm Catholic, I already have Jesus in my life" or "I'm a Jehovah's Witness and I don't really believe that Joseph Smith was a prophet or that the Book of Mormon is true." Everytime I just want to stare at them and say "Do you not realize we're just not preaching religion or just some church?!?!???? You're all ridiculous!!!" That's my hardest part. Needless to say I'm praying for charity. Lordy knows I need it.

Something I find I appreciate a lot more is going to church and the sacrament. As I was sitting in the chapel, surrounded by all these spanish speakers without my companion (she was at the piano), it was the one thing that was familiar, that I knew I could rely on. It hit me so hard what the sacrament really means. It means help, strength, and renewing an essential ordinance with my heavenly father. Definitely my most favorite part of the week, and something I'm going to rely on for the next 15 months of my life.

That's really it from this side of the equater. Know I love all of you and want to hear what's going on! I'll keep my eyes peeled for those letters.

xoxo, Hna.Georgeson

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What are you supposed to do?

Dating.... stinks

Week dos at the MTC‏