Another week in Zapala

Ah, my recent convert's husband. It's my new companion's mission to get him baptized.

We have some great investigators right now. Zapala really is a land of miracles. We have one girl who just committed to being baptized May 8! Her sister got baptized right after I got here, and if the missionaries have anything to say about that, their whole family will be members in at the most a year. They're all really great. About a month-ish ago their dad just passed away, and that void has left room for the gospel to work miracles.

And that's my favorite part. Seeing the changes these people make.

Like one of our investigators who has stopped drinking since the death of his brother a year ago and LOVES everything about the gospel.

Or like another older couple we're teaching who at first were listening to us just to be nice, and after my new companion read 3 Nefi 11 with them magically agreed to go to church with us. Before they never would have done that. They didn't even want a Book of Mormon. But now they want us to come by and teach them. They're reading the BOM on their own. They LOVED the church.

That's my favorite. Ni importa that we are rejected all the time. I don't remember the rejections. These people make it all worth it.

Mamma, don't "worry" about my last companion. She wasn't stupid. She's actually really smart. Some people have worse memories than others. Hers was just worse.
And alas yes, I have a Latin companion. It's been difficult enough with the language barrier, but since she's arrived she's turned some of our investigators around on a track to baptism. She really has done a lot and handled some very difficult situations with grace and poise. She really is a challenging and testifying missionary.

The dogs and cats are nuts here. There are dogs por qualquier lado. I miss our well behaved nutters.

And mamma, I didn't know you were growing out your hair! Must send pictures!

Speaking of pictures, I can't send them online, but I'll make a CD soon and send them to you.

And tell Adam to keep his chin up.

Send Ann, Marti, Toni, the Parkes- Everyone my love!

Even Bethikins and Rianne and Jenn and Shanda and Mandy and... oh, everyone.

love love love, Hna.Georgeson

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What are you supposed to do?

Dating.... stinks

Week dos at the MTC‏