AHORA!

AHORA!

Estoy in Neuquen. Which is meaning I'm in Neuquen right now. I had to come back to do my DNI or apply for my temporary residence. I'm illegal right now! Okay, not really illegal. Legally illegal.

Okay, we're moving on from this conversation.

We had to wake up at 3 this morning to get to our bus at 4:30. I'm so out of it! But alas, naps on the bus!

We would stay here in Neuquén and try to relax, but silly us, we had already put appointments that we really REALLY don't want to cancel, so I guess it's a sacrifice worth making. More than I guess.

I'm not going to lie, talking to you all last night was awful. It made me want to go home so bad! Thank goodness we called last thing at night- going to appointments afterward would have been a nightmare! It's true, missions really do bless your family and I believe it. Even if it's not neccesarily with the temporary things, at least the spiritual things. Or at least we are more able to show and speak of our love for each other. I really do love you all. I love talking about my brothers. All the members when I tell them I'm the only girl are like "Oh my gosh!" But I wouldn't have it any other way. I love talking about my brothers. So although it was feisimo (horrible) to be trunky (thinking of home) afterward, I'm glad I was able to talk to all of you. It strengthens my testimony of the family and happy that I get to be with you forever.

Right now the goal in my companionship is to work more with the members. We're going to be doing a lot of service. We do a game to trick the members into giving us an hour of their time to do service for them, and this week we have a lot of members to go to. They still don't want us to actually do stuff for them, but we're determined to wear them down to show them that we're willing and ready to serve and work. We spent a lot of time with members yesterday, going from apointments to meetings and we're trying to get everyone excited for missionary work. We're going to be doing splits more often to get them more involved. Our Bishop is ready and willing to work too. We're really excited for Zapala.

Right now we have four baptisms right before Stake Conference on the 22nd of May. We are so excited for all of them. One of them, Gabriela whose sister and brother-in-law are members, goes to the ward choir, it's so cute! We just have to make sure we are in contact because she works A LOT and she recently lost her cell phone. She virtually disappeared for almost two weeks! But we're back in contact and we're going to make sure she's prepared for her interview and baptism. Ariel has been investigating for almost two months now. The one who used to drink since the death of his brother, but now he's on spiritual fire! We were worried for a while, he talked with an x-member and was spooked, but I'm pretty sure he still has the faith in the testimony he's already recieved to move forward. The other two are Clauromiro and Janina, a couple about your age mamma. She actually reminds me a lot of you. She loves computer games also, and she too has health problems. She can't see virtually anything. They have doubts and fears about baptism, but they really like going on Sundays. Although they might have these doubts, they seem less and less every time they go to church. We're working with them a lot to make sure they make it, and make it all the way.

We're teaching others who are progressing that we're really excited for their progression. Ones that have been through a lot that we know are going to have a marvelous experience with the gospel in their lives.
I'm still trying to live and learn. Spanish is- well, Spanish. But having a latin companion has been- interesting. We're still learning and loving and learning to love. We are so very, VERY different- not only culturally or language wise, but very different. But we're still learning from each other. I'm still trying to learn to open up my mouth and trusting in myself to teach. It's really difficult because I still can't really express myself the way I want to, and many MANY times I don't know what to say or what to teach. The times my companion does give me the opportunity to teach, half of the time I sit there with my mouth going "Uh... ah... sí..." I'm trying to tell myself, " You are smart! You are smart! You do know stuff!" Sometimes it's hard to believe, but I know that before the mission I knew stuff, I just have to dig it out of the corners of the attic of my mind.

Thank you all for your prayers and encouragement and your love. I love and miss you all and hope to hear from you soon. If you can't really write a handwritted letter, you can write through dearelder.com. I really would love to hear from all of you.

Thanks mamma! Love you all! And hope you had a happy mother's day. Tell Ann and Marti and Toni and everyone I said hi!

love, Hna.Georgeson

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What are you supposed to do?

Dating.... stinks

Week dos at the MTC‏