I have a year left!

Aw, I miss tennis, believe it or not. It's rough right now because everybody is getting ready for the FIFA world cup (in AFRICA!!!) and I can't even watch it. *tear* Oh well. The Lord will give me even greater blessings now, right?

Tell Adam CONGRATS!!!! That's awesome. With tennis and his room (tee hee hee). Hooray for cleanliness!

And thank you for the recipies! The only thing is... There's not too much here that we have back at home. Well, there is, but there are a lot of different things. As far as I know there's no canned pumpkin here. I've been told that I can just use butternut squash instead. And there's not applesauce. Or chocolate chips. Or brown sugar. They have something called black sugar, which is supposedly like brown sugar. Only black. There's no maple... anything. Also, no molasses (therefore I cannot make my own brown sugar. Oh well.) The recipies that you send, just make sure they're as simple as can be. But thank you!!!

Word to the wise- don't let missionaries stay in your house for more than 45 minutes! The people here LOVE LOVE LOVE to talk, for hours if they could. We lost so much time. My companion has the idea of doing service for others and the members, which is a lovely idea, but the members want us to stay for hours. In Argentina that's the custom. You come, you talk, you drink some maté, you talk some more. But I'm not here to be in Argentina! I'm here to teach the gospel! I don't want to stay in their houses for hours! It kills me! GAAAA!!!!!

That is my frusteration for the moment. This week we're turning things around and making sure we don't lose time. If we do I think my missionary head might explode. BOOM!!!

And I'm sick again. Apparently it isn't only me. My first and third companion here in the mission were sick more than they were well. Meh. We'll get over it. Also, my left eye has taken to twitching. I'm not kidding. Not a WHOLE heck of a lot. My companion said you can't really notice it. But now not only am I the American, but the crazy American! I'm nutters! I have an eye twitch! For the past week! Or more! My companion said it could turn permanent. What will I do if it's permanent? All my future flushed down the toilet because I seem crazy!!! NOOO!!!!

We had a baptism this weekend. YAY! Her name is Gabriela. Her sister was baptized a few months ago. She's 24 yrs old and really sweet. For about a month we lost her because she worked so dang much, but alas, the victory has been won. Almost. We had stake conference this weekend so she hasn't been confirmed yet. Yet.

This upcoming weekend we have another baptism, Diego. His wife is a member and he has two girls, 6yrs old and about 7 months old. It's been such a privilege to be able to teach him. He has such a strong desire to take care of his family. And he reads the Book of Mormon like a maniac. He told us it's not like he has to read, but that he wants to. The Lord is watching out for him and helping him through all of his trials and decisions to be able to make it to baptism. He's different in an amazing way.

So we keep working and working and working... maybe work some more. This week is the last week of our Elder Atuncar. We've been in the same district since I got here to Argentina. My mission and Elder Atuncar are like the same thing. This is the last week of his mission! WAAAHHH!!! Therefore we're going to try to take advantage of this pday.

Keep praying for us and thank you so much for... everything!

love love love, Hna.Georgeson

p.s. I had my 6 month bday in the mission. I have a year left! WHOA!!!

p.s.s. Micah and Barrett- Mythbusters are here. :D

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What are you supposed to do?

Dating.... stinks

Week dos at the MTC‏