Bariloche

Yeah, well last pday was a different pday. I don't have normal pdays anymore. MAH! Just kidding! Kinda.

Anyway yes, yes I am here in Bariloche. My new companion is amazing. I love her! She's really funny, tall (6'4''!), and from California. She's like a taller version of me! She has about 3 more months than me on the mission, and she's ready and willing to work hard to find people, which is exactly what I want. The last transfer she opened up the area (they took out the elders in this ward and put in sisters) and was supposed to train a new companion. But her new companion never got here and she's had to work with mini missionaries and members, so the work has been REALLY slow since she's gotten here. We're both really looking forward to start knocking and start finding. It's going to be awesome. We know we're going to have success here.

But the thing is that this past week has been a barrier in the work. My companion, like right when I got here got really sick. This entire week we've been in our apartment. Needless to say, with all the extra time I got a lot of stuff done and did a lot of studying. But one week after getting here I still don't know anything about our area! Nah, I can't blame anybody, and especially not her. She's been dying because she wants to work, but every other moment she feels like she's going to puke.

So that is the mission Bariloche experience. Besides that, it's been nice here. It was really cold before I got here, but it warmed up while we were in the apartment all day. Now there are icky clouds looming amongst the mountains threatening rain and snow. There are mountains really close everywhere. It also feels like Rexburg in many aspects. Wind, cold, a little bit of snow here and there. Hills- Bariloche is just a land of hills. Definitely like Rexburg. It's going to be an adventure, right?

But it's all going good.

And Zapala. You can tell me whatever you want, but Zapala was... like a training grounds. Like not the real thing for me. But Bariloche is going to be a lot better. I know it is. I'm actually going to be a missionary here. And I totally get the soccer thing. Just because we never grew up fanatics of anything doesn't mean I don't get it. I actually do get it. A lot. That's why I wasn't egging him on or making fun of him. I felt bad because I know it means a lot to these people. And I understand the thing with Gabi's mom. I understand that she's depressed and so her brain is broken. Okay, maybe not so much like that, but I know she doesn't think normal... but that's what drove me insane! I can't keep in touch with my old companion, but she was just starting to understand when I left. I think she'll get it.

Tell Adam to keep his head up, and Micah to get up and do something more (refer to the hymnbook for more instructions on this subject)! And let everyone know I really do appreciate the love and support, and the letters they send. Des, Beth, everyone! I haven't forgotten about you! I will send letters ASAP!

Thanks so much for everything, and take care!!!

xoxo, Hna. Georgeson

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What are you supposed to do?

Dating.... stinks

May 30: I got my super trunky papers today.