Happy fourth of July!

This past week I had what the members call a "liver attack". Basically I had the strong desire to puke and a super high fever. The members say that it happens because of the diet of grease and fats, red meats, red pasta sauce and pasta and bread. This is the second time this has happened. Let me just say I don't want a destroyed liver and therefore am going to take much better care of myself. It's that there's so much preassure to eat the food of the people- if you don't eat they ask "Why aren't you eating? Don't you like my food? EAT!!!" No more of this! I'm taking a stand for me and my health. There's a sister in the ward that asks me "Are you on a diet Sis. Georgeson? Are you on a diet?" No! I'm not on a diet! I don't want a liver transplant by the time I'm 32!!! Take a stand for you health!

Strawberries! How I miss them so!

Happy fourth of July! I wore red, white, and blue yesterday, but nobody noticed.

The loss of Argentina at the world cup was interesting. We didn't meet any hostile people, but we were with members during the match (we made tacos for them), and the husband got all mad and cranky, and we found out the next day that they got into a fight! My companion doesn't understand why these people would take a loss in soccer so hard, but the loss was embarassing. I can understand. Not the whole fight-with-my-spouse thing, but being bummed out, yes.

So this week has been really interesting. Today I'm in San Martín de los Andes. It's lovely! My companion and I had the highest numbers in our zone this transfer so we got to come here. We're going on a really expensive hike today. Expensive because this place is so touristicy. But I can see why. Cabins. Snow. Spas. It's green here! Much more different than Zapala, the desert land of dirt. We had to get up at 2 this morning to travel the four hours to get here, and we won't get back to Zapala until about 4 in the morning tomorrow. Yay!

I sent some pictures to mama last week, hope you all got them. My adventures in the crazy land of Argentina.

Our converts are doing great and they progress every time we visit them. It's wonderful.

If there's anything I can say to you as a missionary is that you help the missionaries. Not only with refferals, but with the courage to talk about God and the gospel. Not only that but visit less active members and invite them to church. Be a friend to investigators. Do your home and visiting teaching. Strengthen the stakes of Zion.

love you all, and send my love to everyone!

And thanks Daddy :)

xoxo, Hna.Georgeson

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What are you supposed to do?

Dating.... stinks

Week dos at the MTC‏