Almost half way there!!!‏

Before I got here, my companion spent EVERYDAY working with less actives and former investigators the last transfer. She's so ready to move on, and I trust her judgement. BUT we are trying our best to encourage the members and beg for service opportunities, and slowly but surely we get more references. Okay, references for less active members, but with children and husbands that are not members! Hey, we gotta start somewhere. And the visiting teaching idea is good, but that's not our job. We just don't have the time to do that! But we'll mention it as an idea to the RS president.

Members do feed us for most of the week, they're really good at taking care of the missionaries. Yesterday we ate with the Hna. Acuña, a crazy outspoken - offend everyone - super strong member. She's batty and I love it! She always takes care of us. And knits us sweaters. I have to send you a picture of the sweater of my companion. It's a gem.

We did not get to visit with Kristina this week. The day we went to our apt she was at the hospital. We went the next day and she told us that she lost her baby. She was going to the hospital again in the morning so that she would be home when we came in the afternoon. In a time like this she was rearranging her schedule so she could see us! We have another apt tomorrow morning. Wish us luck! More like the spirit. He's way better than luck.

Yeah, Internet is around, but I don't know to what extent is their audio equipment. He likes movies, not just the words. We're still looking into ordering more movies. Like the Joseph Smith Movie!!! I don't know if we can order it in the mission, but I will do almost anything to get it!
And if you haven't seen it, watch it. And of course they speak Spanish. Why wouldn't they? Nah, Bariloche is diverse, but not that diverse. There are more Brazilian tourists than anything else.

Next we've ran into A LOT of transvestites and people of whom we cannot distinguish a gender. Yes, Bariloche is also filled with weirdos and drunks and pot smokers. I just found one pot smoker thus far, but I've been told that there are more. Oh Bariloche, how I love thee so. People who see us try talking to us in their broken English that they've learned in elementary school, but I honestly feel like they're trying to harass us. It's just because we're blonde.

And we're going to stop seeing Juanita for a while. After our last apt, it's apparent that the missionaries should hold off for a while. It's a story that I'm not quite sure how to explain.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ADAM YOU OLD FART!!!! I LOVE YOU!

And tell Daddy that about the deal, I think I've gotten a decent start. Yay!

Enjoy the fair!

And how did Sis. Hobson die? That is so crazy that you all didn't hear about it. Is Adam okay about it? She really was sweet.

And to leave you all, I copy my letter to my mission pres. love you all and thank you so much!!!!

"We put another fecha! It's the son of a menos activa family. That story was kind of a miracle. All of the sisters told us about this family who left off going to church more than ten years ago, and then one Saturday during their weekly knitting activity she showed up at the chapel, the mom, and told them that she wants her two sons baptized. We went and we realize that it's going to take some work and a lot of prayers and faith. The parents remember almost nothing about the church and it almost seems like the one son that we meet is doing it more to please his parents rather than because he wants to. BUT he chose his own fecha and was all smiley about it afterward. Something is going to happen here. I just know it.We also have found another investigator, Kristina, that is just amazing. I think the adversary is working really hard to make sure that we never can catch each other, but the Lord WILL conquer. Hna. Smith and I know that we will see some amazing miracles with her.

An experience I had with prayer was in my second transfer. The Hermanas from Cultural Co. came for a zone conference and we ended up doing splits that night. My being here for only about 7 weeksish in Argentina and not really understanding anything or where anybody lived, I got lost with the other Hna. Palacios from BsAs in the dark lonely streets of Zapala. We wandered around for about a half an hour until finally she suggested that we stop on the corner and pray because I really had no idea where we were. I prayed that we might be able to find the house, but if not then that we would be guided to someone ready to meet us. After about five more minutes of wandering around we gave up and began knocking at the first house we saw. The woman, Nora, let us in, and Hna. Palacios explained the restoration in a nutshell and about prayer, that we can pray to know the truth for ourselves. The next time we went to visit her she began crying because she had never been taught to pray like that. She knew that we were different. She prayed about Joseph Smith and felt this rush of calm. We left her a Book of Mormon, and the next time when we came back she told us that the book was different; it was special. But her husband was very much so catholic, and didn't want us coming back to teach her anymore. He even wanted her to return all the stuff we gave her. But she couldn't deny the answer to her prayers that it was good, that it was true. She kept the Book of Mormon and I never got to go back to her house. But I know that the Lord guided us to someone ready to hear. I don't think right now was the time, but the Lord will prepare the way for her to receive the gospel in its fullness. She is really special.I'm sorry that's so long, but it was such a special experience for her to tell us all that stuff. Moments like that remind me why I looked forward to serving on a mission."

xoxo, Hna. Georgeson

P.S. Mamma, can you email Jennifer Squires and let her know I have a couple of letters for her, I just need her address! Thank you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What are you supposed to do?

Dating.... stinks