Thank you so much for your support.

Sorry this took so long to post. She didn't write me this week. She wrote her father instead. So here's his letter.

Momsy and Popsicle

I'm sorry I haven't been writing spiritual experiences. I didn't really think it was that big of a deal. I seem to have upset several people by doing so. It's not my intent. I don't know what else to say. I don't exactly have spiritual experiences oozing out my ears. All I can say is that I'm learning. At times it feels like one step forward and two steps back, and for that I don't have anything really to tell you. I'm trying to push forward. I'm trying to be the best missionary I can be. I'm still trying to figure out why in the world the Lord would want to send me on a mission, let alone a mission here in Argentina, Neuquén. I'm trying to work as hard as I can. I want to serve an honorable mission, and I'm trying. That's all I can really say.

Thank you so much for your support.

I am getting along well with my companion. She's a sweetheart. We're both learning patience and faith. I can't really complain too much. The only thing is that she's keeping a pet snail in the apartment. I hate snails! But she keeps him covered and out of sight, therefore whatever. I tried talking her out of it, but she loves the thing too much. She knows of my fear/slight phobia of snails, but now I know of her fear of ants.

ANTS.

This is why we get along. We're both irrational :)

I sing in Spanish all the time; that's how we get into houses. "Hi, we're missionaries from the church of Jesus Christ, and we'd love to come in and sing you a song for two minutes." There are some areas where it works and other areas no. Here, not so much, but there's not much else we can do about that. We do all that we can, and that is sweet satisfaction. Not baptisms, not statistics, but trying with all you got. Therefore okay.

We had District Conference this past weekend too. Actually, the missionaries had Zone Conference on Friday, and the mission president, his wife, the assistants to the president were here all weekend, as were the other six elders from the other areas. We got to see our President all weekend and our lovely elders. Poor things. They were stuck in the small apartment of the zone leaders. Ten of them! Some even had to sleep in the bathroom because it was so cramped. Next conference (GENERAL CONFERENCE!!!) us sisters are going to help them find houses to stay in and food to eat. Silly unprepared elders.

The District Conference was good. One of our investigators, Isidro, came to both sessions Saturday and Sunday. He began coming to church to try to help pull his family back together. Still only his six year old daughter wants to listen, but he's moving forward strong. I think the conference for him was something different because it had a strong focus on the family and temples. We see him tomorrow and can talk about it more. Sis.Peterson talked about how she loved her family and was glad that they can be together forever, and President Peterson invited the congregation to prepare for the temple, and for those who weren't members, to be baptized so that they can go. I love our President. He has the guts to say what needs to be said in such a loving way.

Our Zone Conference was about Chapter 4 in Preach my Gospel, Recognizing the Spirit. President told us that the greatest desire Pres. Hinckley and Pres. Monson had for missionaries is for them to learn to listen to the spirit; not give rote presentations but to teach to needs according to the spirit, and that many church leaders thought that it was impossible to be able to do so. That puts what we learned in conference into perspective. Not just something sweet and lovely- listening to the spirit- but something real and difficult and so worth the giant amounts of effort that you have to put into it.

There are many times where I feel so inadequate for the work. That's why I feel like many times I take one step forward and two steps back. But what we learn in our studies and in conferences, what we learn from church leaders, helps give hope that I can do whatsoever the Lord wants me to. And if anything, that's the kind of support I need. The reassurance that I can do it. It's really hard to remember it on my own. Please help me to remember it.

Thank you so much for all that you do. Letters, emails, thank you.

xoxo, Hna. Georgeson

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What are you supposed to do?

Dating.... stinks

Week dos at the MTC‏