THIRSTY FOR THE GOSPEL!

Muchas gracias for the recipe! I'm going to make them for my companion. Yay!

First of all, let Janelle know I shall send her a letter soon. But in the meantime, Elder Oaks talk Nov 2009 conference. It's EXACTLY what he was talking about.

Caleta Olivia- I don't exactly have words to describe her yet. If I had to, it would go something like this- THIRSTY FOR THE GOSPEL! Success shall be ours! MWA HA HA!!!!

Carlos is traveling to Chile to meet with his leaders of his church. He said when he comes back he'll be ready to be baptized. Okay. He already told us that he really wants to mission (... be a missionary? Nah, he wants to mission). Alright. We'll get him a Preach My Gospel.

For right now we're focusing on Roque (Rocky in EspaƱol) and Isidro. Roque has his baptism on Saturday. We're fighting so he can make it. Every time we go to teach him it's like a whole 'nother revelation for him because he was never ever taught that that's how things are, but he's accepting it. We totally rock his world. In a good way or a crazy way.

Isidro was a contact that my companion did with the sister before me. We went to his house (about the third time for her) and he wasn't home. Next thing we know he comes to church the next Sunday! We met with him on Wednesday, and we set up a baptismal date! He gets it and he really likes it. He really gets it! The detail is that he has to go to Buenos Aires to do surgery... one day before the programmed baptism! So we'll try it again tonight. He's willing though, and that's all we can ask for.

My companion is sweet. The only thing is that she keeps finding snail shells and taking them to the apartment. Not only that, but it turns out that one of them is alive, and it freaked the crud out of me this morning (for people like Janelle and Tiffany, they know that this is a BIG deal to me). So we'll see how it goes. Nah, we get along really well. She thinks I'm funny, and I think she's really sweet, so we get along like peaches and cake (which is the standard cake filling in Argentina... at least in the Patagonia).

I'm still working and still going strong, so you all better be too!

Thank you so much mama!

Hna Georgeson

P.S. EVERYONE- I WANT CONVERSION STORIES! How did you come to know that the church was true or Joseph Smith was a prophet? Converts and life long members alike. I know they're special experiences. How did you feel? What helped you to know? What gave you that confirming witness?

P.S.S. Mama, can I now have a recipe for frosting and nun puffs from my cook book? Gracias!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What are you supposed to do?

Dating.... stinks

May 30: I got my super trunky papers today.