Get out of the cave!

Emily wrote her letter to the family specifically, but I cut out an excerpt to share with you.

I love my humanities background. The allegory of the cave is what I feel like my life is. Life is the cave. Being ignorant and living without faith in God and in Christ is life in the cave. It makes us chained to the wall, living believing that life are the images and shadows that bounce along the walls. Faith in the Gospel in Christ frees us from the cave. It takes us outside. At first it takes a while to adjust, but when you begin to adjust to the light you begin to see colors. Real things instead of shadows. Flowers, sky, grass, bees, everything! At the end of this allegory this person who left the cave is taken back and is mocked by his old comrads who think that life are the shadows on the walls. This person is unsatisfied with his life with the shadows because he has experienced something greater. We don't have to be pushed back into the cave. We can keep living outside, exploring, enjoying. This is what I feel like my life is with the gospel. My eyes keep adjusting and I see more. My life has more meaning, more sweetness, more joy, more peace. I feel a strong sense of gratitude for the mercy of my Savior and my Heavenly Father. I can be like them. With faith in them I can do anything. I can be like Them. How grateful I am that the mission has taken me out even more from my cave!

So my fellow Georgeson's, get out of the cave. Study the scriptures, pray, and be assured that the Lord will do whatsoever you need of Him. If you believe you will recieve a witness, by gum you will recieve it. If you believe that the scriptures have answers to your questions, by gum you will find those answers. Have faith and leave the cave. Adjust your eyes and live the beautiful life the Lord has given you.

I love you ALL so very much. Take care, and go outside! Enjoy the light.

xoxo, Hna.Georgeson

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What are you supposed to do?

Dating.... stinks

May 30: I got my super trunky papers today.