Belated Christmas email.

First of all: HAPPY BIRTHDAY TIFFANY HAYDEN!!!!

Please tell Ashley that I really appreciate it! Not only appreciate, but more like this OH MY GOSH THANK YOU!!!! Por favor. That makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside! I need a little pick me up in the mail :)

CHRISTMAS THIS WEEK! We're trying to set everything up. We're only going to be working about five days this week. I like Christmas, but on the mission it's terrible! Making all sorts of plans, having to watch investigators go on vacation, stressing, waiting for your brain to explode... But alas, we're going to make it the best thing we got!

I really wish I had tons of stuff to tell you this week, but there's not a whole lot. It's been really stressful. I'll just say it right now- senior companionship stinks. WHY DO I HAVE RESPONSIBILITY?! I don't even know if I wrote that right.

Service. Let me just vent to you. THESE MEMBERS WON'T LET US DO SERVICE. We ask and ask and ask. Now after lunches they don't even wait for us to ask, they just say no. This week has been being stuck between that rock and a hard place. But we didn't put us there. I didn't think so. To be honest I just feel so out of control. Bang my head on a wall out of control. My companion and I have come to the realization that the members don't really trust us and/or like us, so that's going to be our focus now. Trying to replace the amazing Hna. Smith is a nightmare. I'm just not as cool as her. And now we suffer for our lack of awesomeness. WHAT MORE CAN WE DO!?!?

And we can't really say that we blame them, because every time they actually do come with us to a teaching appointment, the person is not there. That's a big reason why they don't trust us. I'm just at the end of my creative rope. Maybe I really do stink. I do need to wash my clothes :)

Anyway, do you want to hear a funny story. We've been teaching this guy this past week, Gabriel. He's been progressing, reading the Book of Mormon, and this last appointment we taught him the first part of the plan of salvation, and we gave him the commitment to repent. He told us, "Nah, I'm not a bad person, and maybe one day I'll get there, but for right now, no."

I was okay with it. I really wanted to leave him a reading from the Book of Mormon, and I thought of the perfect chapter. Alma 4 or Alma 9. I read some highlighted scriptures in my BoM, thought they were really good because they talked about repentance, and left Alma 9. The next day after my study I was wondering, what did I leave him to read? I began reading the chapter and it goes a little something like this...

8Behold, O ye wicked and perverse generation, how have ye forgotten the tradition of your fathers; yea, how soon ye have forgotten the commandments of God.
9Do ye not remember that our father, Lehi, was brought out of Jerusalem by the hand of God? Do ye not remember that they were all led by him through the wilderness?
10And have ye forgotten so soon how many times he delivered our fathers out of the hands of their enemies, and preserved them from being destroyed, even by the hands of their own brethren?
11Yea, and if it had not been for his matchless power, and his mercy, and his long-suffering towards us, we should unavoidably have been cut off from the face of the earth long before this period of time, and perhaps been consigned to a state of endless misery and woe.
12Behold, now I say unto you that he commandeth you to repent; and except ye repent, ye can in nowise inherit the kingdom of God. But behold, this is not all—he has commanded you to repent, or he will utterly destroy you from off the face of the earth; yea, he will visit you in his anger, and in his cfierce anger he will not turn away.

Um. Oops. Looks like Hna. Georgeson needs to brush up on her scriptures, because she really wanted 2 Nephi 9 or Alma 5. Tee hee hee. Maybe this will freak him out to repentance?

Anyway, I gotta be getting off, but let Micah know that I'm writing him a letter that I'm going to try to put in the mail today.

Take care, and I'll talk to you Saturday! (No email on Monday the 27th. Next email will be on January 3rd.)

xoxo, Hna. Georgeson

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What are you supposed to do?

Dating.... stinks

May 30: I got my super trunky papers today.