The Divine Gift of Gratitude

Bueno. First things first: CHRISTMAS! Can you believe that seven months have already passed since I last heard you all? It's crazy to me to think that time has flown by so much. Okay, so the dates are...on the 20th I'll be able to write again, we still have pday. On the 25th we'll call, at what time I don't know. We don't have to work on Christmas, so it's up to me or it's up to you. If there's a preference, let me know ASAP! And on the 27th we will not have pday, so do not expect an email from me this day! Anyway, CHRISTMAS! There's still so much to do! Today is crazy and hectic. We still haven't gotten a lot of stuff done. I would love to tell you every detail of my week, because it's been crazy. BUT you'll hear all the wonderful details in my phone call :)

This past week we had zone conference, and the sisters from Esquel were here. We went hiking on a hill called Campenario, the steepest, most ridiculous hill. But way fun, and Israelites at the top! That part was really cool. As we were coming down my companion thought I was right behind her and took of with other elders, and the elderes we were walking with found a pair of chaps from Wales and stuck behind to talk to them. Well for the other Hermanas that's no big deal, for they are from Chile. So I stuck with them and we were on the trail on our own, and... I directed them for the worse and took the wrong turn in the fork of the trail. I GOT LOST ON AN ARGENTINE MOUNTAIN!!! Ok, it's not a mountain, it's a ridiculous hill. We were okay. After about a half an hour we found the trail again. My pants are really dirty for falling on my butt twice, once knocking out Hna. Escobar. That day was so funny. My companion thought I was dead. And now we know... Don't listen to Hna. Georgeson! Nah, now we know the beauties of an Argentine... hill, with all the trees, and how it must've been for Joseph Smith (that's what Hna. Escobar kept saying, I loved it!) being in such a secluded and peaceful place. We weren't afraid because we knew we'd be okay.

It was a lovely precursor to our zone conference, because it was awesome. The General conference talk we focused on was Pres. Monson's on "The Divine Gift of Gratitude." Hna. Peterson, the mission president's wife, challenged us for five days to express more gratitude in our prayers. I needed that challenge because this week has been so hard, but how it has helped me to get through this week. I'm grateful that Ayrton got baptized! I'm grateful for the Young Single Adults who made it to his baptism. I'm grateful that Hna. Peterson sent me some new shoes without holes! Shoes from the pilgrim era, but without holes! :) For a companion that always wants to keep moving forward. For E'Herbert who shared his chocolate with us from his mom. Hooray for Hersheys! I'm grateful that I have money this month. I'm grateful for Hna. Ponce who gave me her boots the last time I was here, for those boots that I still have and use. For the members that help us so much. For the Lord's patience. For His mercy. For His never ending love.

"Sincerely giving thanks not only helps us recognize our blessings,but it also unlocks the doors of heaven and helps us feel God’s love."-Pres. Monson

And to all of you, and you mamma. Thank you so much for taking care of everything, for helping me out and listening. Thank you daddy for answering my question. Thank you Adam for your cariƱo. Micah for your love and humor, and Barrett for including me in a partecito of your life. I love you all, and take care.

Hna. Georgeson

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What are you supposed to do?

Dating.... stinks

May 30: I got my super trunky papers today.