HAPPY LATE THANKSGIVING!!!

First of all, HAPPY LATE THANKSGIVING!!! My companion and I meant to do something cool, but alas, it was only polenta, eggs, and a rice cracker. Woo.

Today is a crazy Pday. My companion and I have wandered all around downtown Bariloche all day. All of Pday! But it's been killing me because I want to say, Ooo, I want to get that for Adam! Or Micah! Or whatever, but I found out yesterday I have a huge hole on the side of my shoe that can't be fixed, so I now have to go get new shoes. That was kind of a bummer. Being in downtown Bariloche makes me feel like a tourist, because there are lots of tourists here! But the coolest thing about the day is the fact that we just went through the local cathedral. MY FIRST CATHEDRAL!!! I was so cool!!! That has been something that has always been on my list of things to do, not the list of what I want to do, but what I need to do, and I did it! It was amazing! It's not that big, but it was still amazing!

This week has been appointment after appointment after appointment. We're trying to work hard and run all over the place. Being senior companion is a lot more responsibility than I anticipated, but okay. It's got me thinking a lot more about my purpose as a missionary, and why I'm here, and what I need to do to take advantage of the time I've been given.

This upcoming week we have one baptism, and the week after we have another. The one for this week is Elisabeth Moyano, the girlfriend of the stake mission leader. Yeah, now we know why he has the calling ;).

So we're putting things together and trying to work. Really there's not too much to say about this week. It's been a whirlwind. My companion! Hna. Dennison from Morgan, UT. This her third transfer here in the field, with almost six months in the mission. She's grown up so fast! And I keep making her work and do more and more. She's doing really well. Hooray!

Therefore, take care! I'm sorry I didn't write so much, but I totally don't even know what to write this week.

Bueno, I'll write about Ayrton. About a few weeks ago before I got here, Hna. Smith and Hna. Dennison were chased down the street. "eSmith! eSmith!" (which is how they say the name Smith). She chased them down and said "Do you remember me? You talked with me in the street about a few months ago!" Well, we talk with a lot of people. "I want you to visit my grandson. He's lazy and needs to get up and do something!" And that's how they found Ayrton. He's going to be a great missionary one day. His testimony is so strong. He always talks about how great he feels when he prays and reads the scriptures. The spirit speaks to him and how gratifying and wonderful it is to see him being filled with so much joy. He's so smart and wants to learn more about the gospel every time, and is absolutely willing to hold true to what he has learned. He knows the Book of Mormon is true. He knows that God answers his prayers. That tithing is important. That the word of wisdom is important. We're working with him to help build a safe and sure foundation so that he will never fall.

Bueno, this is Ayrton.

Now be good! Stay safe! Read, pray, and do.

xoxo, Hna. Georgeson

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What are you supposed to do?

Dating.... stinks

May 30: I got my super trunky papers today.