I'M BEING TRANSFERRED...... Just joking!

I'm going to Villa de la Angostura tomorrow!!!

Just kidding!

But really, I am going there tomorrow. Our entire district is going to knock and do contacts the entire day to help the elders there. It's right next to Chile!

Alright. This week has been challenging. We lost all of the investigators that we've had. Nobody really progressing, going on vacation, dropping us. It's been tough for my companion and I. We've been knocking doors all week and almost nobody let us in. That's been a big blow. BUT it has given me time to think about the service I'm rendering to the Lord right now. I've been realizing that my companion and I can do better at getting more contacts, or talking more to people, talking to more people, and saying more things of quality! Our Zone Leaders have a zone study programito for us to follow, and the first two days helped me to think about why I want to open my mouth more. I loved all of the scriptures they wanted us to read, but I especially loved DyC 60:2-3-

2But with some I am not well pleased, for they will not open their mouths, but they hide the talent which I have given unto them, because of the fear of man. Wo unto such, for mine anger is kindled against them.

3And it shall come to pass, if they are not more faithful unto me, it shall be taken away, even that which they have.

Wow, the Lord says that he'll stop blessing us with the gifts that we have if we don't open our mouths. I appreciate the gifts I have been told I have been given in my patriarchal blessing, and to think that the Lord maybe has been taking them away, little by little, because I'm not opening up my mouth enough! Needless to say, I don't like that. A great week for reflection.

My companion and I are also making up goals to work with the ward. We don't know how much we should involve ourselves in the ward, ward councils, visiting members, because we want the most amount of time to dedicate to teaching and finding, but we're trying to figure out how much we need to put ourselves out there in the ward.

I've accumulated two ties here in the mission, and I have finally given them away to two young converts who were just sustained to receive the priesthood. My companion said that the look on Ricardo's face was adorable. I really wasn't paying that much attention, but she said he was looking at it, fingering it, just looking like it was his birthday all over again. That pretty much made my day. I love that kid. He's so earnest. He has his weaknesses, but all he needs is a little bit of encouragement because he already has the desires. He reminds me a lot of Micah in some aspects. I want Ricardo to succeed! I'll offer to adopt him if I have to! He's 17 and not sure if a mission could really be something he could do, but his blessing when he was confirmed said that he would go on a mission. I know he could and he'd be the best missionary since Dan Jones.

Also, if someone could write me and tell me what Galician means, I would really appreciate it.

Feliz Día de los Reyes!

And today, 10/1/11... Feliz día de San Nicanor!

I got a calender from a fruit stand, and on the back it has the saint for each day! Sweet!

Take care and YOU wax strong!

xoxo, Hna. Georgeson

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What are you supposed to do?

Dating.... stinks

Week dos at the MTC‏