I've been shopping!

Today has been a hectic pday. If you find money missing, it is because I went gift shopping! Mamma, you're the easiest one to buy for, I've gotten you way too much! Micah was the hardest. What I wanted for him nobody had, but I got him some other things that are pretty cool. One of a kind. I went to a couple artisan fairs here in Bariloche, and they've got my head spinning! I love the arts! I just have to kick myself out of it because in an hour and a half I have to work and I can't do that with art and shopping on the brain... I hate shopping! I want to get one more thing for Barrett, but what it will be, I don't know... Only Daddy and Adam I have left. I want to get them something one of a kind! But what that thing is, we're still searching...

But today has been fun getting to know artisans from the area and all over. We met some guys from Peru and others from other parts of Argentina. The girl who did Barrett's gift is a woman from Rosario, other part of Argentina. Man, I want to tell you what I got, but alas, I won't! A sup rise it shall be! Tee hee hee :)

About what they said during ward conference, it makes me think of a class a Book of Mormon teacher gave to us concerning the Amlicites:

4 And the Amlicites were distinguished from the Nephites, for they had marked themselves with red in their foreheads after the manner of the Lamanites; nevertheless they had not shorn their heads like unto the Lamanites.

13 Now we will return again to the Amlicites, for they also had a mark set upon them; yea, they set the mark upon themselves, yea, even a mark of red upon their foreheads.

14 Thus the word of God is fulfilled, for these are the words which he said to Nephi: Behold, the Lamanites have I cursed, and I will set a mark on them that they and their seed may be separated from thee and thy seed, from this time henceforth and forever, except they repent of their wickedness and turn to me that I may have mercy upon them.

15 And again: I will set a mark upon him that mingleth his seed with thy brethren, that they may be cursed also.

16 And again: I will set a mark upon him that fighteth against thee and thy seed.

17 And again, I say he that departeth from thee shall no more be called thy seed; and I will bless thee, and whomsoever shall be called thy seed, henceforth and forever; and these were the promises of the Lord unto Nephi and to his seed.

18 Now the Amlicites knew not that they were fulfilling the words of God when they began to mark themselves in their foreheads; nevertheless they had come out in open rebellion against God; therefore it was expedient that the curse should fall upon them.

19 Now I would that ye should see that they brought upon themselves the curse; and even so doth every man that is cursed bring upon himself his own condemnation.

His class was about being safe during holiday vacation, to make good decisions, because just as righteousness always marks itself, wickedness also. That we have the liberty to choose, but the consequences set by an eternal, loving, constant God will always come about. A mark, a sign of bringing upon oneself their own condemnation, or lack of happiness brought about by the gospel of Christ and His coming. Therefore, DO NOT MARK YOURSELF!

This week has been another week of learning. This morning's personal study has summed up what probably went wrong for me this week. Alma 29

1 O that I were an angel, and could have the wish of mine heart, that I might go forth and speak with the trump of God, with a voice to shake the earth, and cry repentance unto every people!

2 Yea, I would declare unto every soul, as with the voice of thunder, repentance and the plan of redemption, that they should repent and come unto our God, that there might not be more sorrow upon all the face of the earth.

3 But behold, I am a man, and do sin in my wish; for I ought to be content with the things which the Lord hath allotted unto me.

After reading this I began thinking more and more about how I view my mission. There are so many times where I feel like I'm messing up, and how much I really want to go home, work for two years, and go on another mission. There are so many times where I feel inadequate and I just want another chance. I thought maybe that would've been a good desire, but I can see how much that has affected me when Alma says "[I] do sin in my wish." That way of thinking does negatively affect my mission as Alma explains the following:

6 Now, seeing that I know these things, why should I desire more than to perform the work to which I have been called?

7 Why should I desire that I were an angel, that I could speak unto all the ends of the earth?

The Lord has given me precious time to serve Him, and I should take advantage of the time He has allotted me. I know that I am so imperfect and a lot of times I stink. But I should be grateful that the Lord has pushed me out here in the mission because I can't imagine my life without it. The Lord has been so merciful even to little old me to send me out here. How grateful I am, and how much what Alma said hit me to change my attitude from self doubtful negativity to gratitude (thank you President Monson!). And Alma continues with his testimony that every missionary should echo:

9 I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy.

That is how I should view my precious time, not as a countdown to another mission and another chance (because who knows if I'll get one?), to fulfill the work which the Lord had commanded me. I love the Lord and I'm so grateful that He was persistent in sending me out here. Crazy Argentines and all :)

Wax strong all of you! Love you all and take care!

xoxo, Hna. Georgeson

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What are you supposed to do?

Dating.... stinks