We actually learned about fasting that same Sunday too, and the Relief Society President taught it very well- I was inspired! It was aimed directly at us from the Lord. We actually fast once a week, but we've been noticing that we've been getting lazy in our fasts. I reread the lesson this morning in my personal study, and I loved it! We were actually fasting this morning, and so reading what it says in Gospel Principles really helped me to take heart and fast with gladness! I loved reading that lesson.

So that whole thing about the ward... The thing is in the MTC they make a big deal about not spending too much time with the members like bum elders and sisters, because many times it's a time waster and our purposes as missionaries are not fulfilled. We love the members but they just talk and talk and talk and don't let you breathe, so a 45 minute appointment turns into a 90 minute appointment, or even more! In my personal experience I've never really spent too much time with members, so our new initiative is new for everyone.

We're trying to work more with church leaders. Keeping the ward mission leader more involved, working with the R.S. president to activate sisters and find those who are still willing to receive us and the church. We only have about 30 people a REALLY good week, and there really should be about the same amount of people in the ward as assistance in Downey. Meaning that we have a work to do. We're going to focus our finding efforts more in the members because knocking isn't getting us anywhere. This week was another fail number-wise. But we're talking to as many people in the street as we can and doing a lot of contacts. The Lord will see our efforts and bless us!!!

Mamma- Galician was exactly what I needed! It was a word in my Spanish workbook. It helps a lot!

Advice for Adam- DRINK YOGURT UNTIL YOU GET SICK OF IT, AND THEN WHEN YOU REACH THAT POINT, DRINK MORE! Wait, I'm sorry, we drink yogurt here. Adam, eat it. If you have to drink it, that's that healthy for you :) That's what killed me about my antibiotics. Whenever I have to take them I make sure I up my yogurt intake, and up the vitamins.

Tell Barrett-Bubbalicious GOOD LUCK and study hard!

I sent Micah´s letter in the mail today, so he NOW should get it in about three weeks. Keep pluggin and chuggin Micah-MuggleMooler!

I don't know what that means. I just wanted him to have a cool nickname like Barrett.

Mamma, keep your chin up. You have many reasons to be bummed out, but so many more greater reasons to have peace and be content. Remember, dogs do go to heaven, and worse comes to worse, know that Heavenly Father has a plan for all. Treat them well and take care of them. Give them a bone for me!

Are you all going to the temple with Dianne? Go! That would be wonderful! There are times where I really miss the temple, and one of the first things I want to do as soon as I get back to the U.S. is go to the temple. Take the boys with you if you can.

I love you all, take care! Enjoy raisins for me! my tastes for deserts have changed. Instead of really sugary carbs, I crave raisins and fruit! And I couldn´t buy any today, and for that you must enjoy them for me.

Love you, and YOU wax strong!

xoxo, Hna. Georgeson

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What are you supposed to do?

Dating.... stinks

Week dos at the MTC‏