An elderly lady called me Hna. Yoyo

Letter dated April 18th:

I'm not going to lie, everything about today has been a surprise! BARRETT WENT TO PROM! AND I MISSED IT!!!! He's like my young little adult! I freaked out and showed the pictures to my companion. By the way, what's a smartphone?

The article about the sister from Puerto Madryn (April Ensign) is from another ward over there. I never knew her, but that's so cool!!! I'm kind of freaking out about everything. Don't make me trunky!!! ;)

First thing, DON'T GIVE ME MORE MONEY. I'll be spending the least amount possible. I don't want to take out a loan. I would much rather do any menial labor to earn money, or even just do online classes before taking out a loan. Please tell Daddy to please do my registration quick. If needs be, please make Barrett do it. Or Adam. If we wait I will not be able to get into the classes that I need to.

He he, don't tell Elder Chivers, but my Hna. Smith would be perfect for him. She's about the same height. 1 meter and 93 centimeters. I don't know what that means. Just tall :) I will have to let her know about him ;)

You were right, your pouch letter really surprised me. I thought maybe someone died. Nope, my mama just wanted to write me a letter. Mary's home by now. OH MY GOSH! Wow! How time really goes by.

This week has been interesting. I shook hands with a man who blew his boogers into his hand because he didn't have a tissue. Needless to say, it freaked us out. Also, I forgot to tell you, an elderly lady called me Hna. Yoyo. My companion could keep back the laugh. Thank goodness she was elderly and didn't notice :)

Andrés didn't get baptized, but we set a new goal with him for 30/4. He's nuts. I say that lovingly. He's already decided that the Book of Mormon wasn't true. He says that his six month old son told him that the book wasn't true. His son repeated his mom and said "lie" one day and he took it as a sign. That and he doesn't like how the Book of Mormon has a lot in common with the Bible. I don't know what the man expects then. So basically he's decided that he has two signs saying that it's not true, but when we asked him if he's made a decision he says "Not yet." He's living proof of what James says after 1:5. It's sad.

We have two more investigators with a baptismal date- Elisa and Juaquín- a mother and son. He likes it all (12 years old), but we think they slept in yesterday, therefore they didn't come to church. Their date is for 30/4 also, so it'll be hard core fighting to get them there.

We hold English classes every Saturday morning, but nobody comes. The man who came regularly before hasn't been there for two weeks. Juaquín came with a friend this past Saturday. We'll be seeing if we're going to keep it up or stop if nobody comes. Everyone says that they'll come, but where are they???

This week has been frustrating for my companion and I concerning the members. One of them made my companion cry. But then again, this member isn't a can of peaches. We don't get members to accompany us because they all give us excuses. We can't take it anymore. NO MORE! We'll be trying to just spend time with the sisters to try to befriend them. Pray for us that it will work!

Last night I had a dream that my companion could speak English. It was cute with her accent. Today we ran across members from Brazil who are here on their honeymoon. How cute! I also lost my planner yesterday. It must have fallen out of my pocket. We searched all over the path that we took, but we couldn't find it. I find it extremely frustrating because I had a lot of important notes in it. Plans, goals, ideas, birthdays.

Speaking of birthdays...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MICAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love you all, and take care! Tell the boys to write me!!!!

xoxo, Hna. Georgeson

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What are you supposed to do?

Dating.... stinks

Week dos at the MTC‏