Jane Austen was on to something...

No man is offended by another man's admiration of the woman he loves; it is the woman only who can make it a torment. -Jane Austen

I love how every woman I know loves Jane Austen. We can all relate to one character or another. I can relate to Emma. I'm not a matchmaker, I'm not rich, but I can relate to the fact that I'm young and live in my own ideal world. I'm okay with that.

Although I love Emma, I do not appreciate that Jane Austen was not writing about a character in her head, but about me!
In Emma, Emma takes young Harriet under her wing to help educate her and set her up with a smart match. Emma vigorously takes up this challenge until Harriet falls for Mr.Knightly, who Emma has unknowingly loved. And then Emma goes through the torture of wondering if she has lost Mr.Knightly forever.
Now change Emma for Emily. I'm dead serious. This is happening to me.
Add a bit of Elinor from Sense and Sensibility. I've meet a guy. Wonderful. He's great. I'm very interested. I'm pretty sure he is too. But just like Elinor and Edward, something isn't moving along. I really want to get to know this guy better. But the heartbreak ensues when the scene between Elinor and Anne Steele really happened to me. Twice. And I don't say anything to anybody. Because I don't want people to know what I'm going through. This blog isn't supporting my designs. But this is what pains me most...
Jane Austen novels always end up with the happy ending. But will my story? As much as my life is a realistic reflection of her novels, doesn't mean that I will end like Emma or Elinor. It breaks my heart. What to do? I dunno.
Jane, will you please write a happy ending to my story?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What are you supposed to do?

Dating.... stinks

May 30: I got my super trunky papers today.